According to an annual report put out by Forbes magazine, NBA teams don’t have to be very good to be worth a lot of money as three out of the top five most valuable franchises currently have a losing record.
In fact, the number one NBA team – the New York Knicks – is arguably the most dysfunctional team in all of professional sports.
- New York Knicks - $3.3 billion – losers
- Los Angeles Lakers - $3 billion – losers
- Golden State Warriors - $2.6 billion – winners
- Chicago Bulls - $2.5 billion – losers
- Boston Celtics - $2.2 billion – winners (MarketWatch)